Sunday afternoon: Had a marvelous time at Hillcrest Church this morning. The sanctuary was packed, the sense of anticipation in the room was palpable. A woman had some kind of cyst on her neck that disappeared during healing prayer. I’m trusting the Lord that the message on Jacob’s life was a blessing to everyone. Coming home with a happy, grateful heart.
This morning I spoke to a room filled with 150+ women, at Riceville Baptist Church. About 15% of the group was from the host church, and the other 85% of the women gathered from churches all over the area for this event. It’s their fifth year to hold this event, and it seems to be growing each year. I spoke of drawing near to the Holiest through the sprinkled blood of Christ, and they seemed to respond appreciatively to the message. Mine was the first session of the day and afterwards I took the liberty of slipping out and returning to my place of lodging. Somehow I seemed to be of the wrong gender to stay with them for the day, ha.
Friday: Today I fly to Chattanooga, grab a rental, and drive to Athens, TN. I’m scheduled to speak at three venues this weekend:
Friday night: An annual banquet for Women at the Well Ministries. This banquet is a fundraiser for their outreach to women in need.
Saturday morning: A one-day women’s conference at Riceville Baptist Church, Riceville, TN.
Sunday morning: A local church in Etowah, TN.
The weekend began by meeting a sister at the Teen Challenge conference back in July. She invited me to their annual banquet, and then also found placement for me in a couple other venues. I’m looking forward to the weekend of ministry.
Saturday evening: I came here to Athens TN primarily for the Friday night banquet. It was a grand affair, a fundraiser for this ministry Women At The Well. They have a fantastic history of helping women who struggle with addictions. Marvelous stories. My heart was moved, I was so pleased to partner with them this weekend. I spoke on waiting on the Lord. In the midst of the message I told the story of how the Lord visited my parents on March 17, 2017. It was the 47-year anniversary of that historic day in our family, when God visited my Dad with the glory of revelation and visited my Mom with the power of healing. And how I am waiting on the Lord for Him to visit our family again. At the close of the message we showed the baseball film and then we prayed for our families.
Tuesday evening: This afternoon’s class at Luke 18 Project (at IHOPKC) went well. The group was very eager and easy to minister to. I spoke on the secret place, and the Lord helped us all. I’m so grateful to the Lord for every opportunity I have to pour into young adults.
Saturday: This afternoon I am going to Syracuse, NY, where I am scheduled to minister Sunday in both morning and evening services. (So I won’t be returning home this weekend until Monday.) The church is called Trinity Assembly of God. In December, Pastor Tom went to the doctor with pain in his chest area, and was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer. He passed away in February. So this church has suddenly had their pastor taken from them. This will be my first time at this church.
Sunday 2:30 pm: Excellent service this morning. Once again, the congregation responded so warmly to the baseball film. At the close, I called the entire congregation forward, we expressed a collective response to the Lord, and sang a song together. It seemed to be a meaningful time for this church family that is still in grief.
I’ll be collected at 5:30 pm for tonight’s 6:00 pm meeting.
Sunday 10:00 pm: Tonight I felt inclined to speak on “Illegal Prayers,” for me if for no one else. I think it was for some more than others. Almost everyone came forward at the end, however, to express their response to the Lord. A sweet time of worship, word, and fellowship. This church is holding together very well in the journey of grief. I feel enriched to have such a sweet family of saints now a part of my heart and history in God.
Thursday evening: Had a marvelous session today with the Simeon Company at IHOP. The Lord gave me great flow in the delivery, His grace was very sweet.
Tuesday afternoon: This morning I spoke to a group of campus leaders who are in KC over their spring break to get recharged with their organization, Luke 18 Project. I spoke on the Secret Place. The Lord really helped us, the students seemed to connect real well with the message and the call to the secret place. I return next week to the same ministry, but next week will be a totally different group (because not all colleges have spring break on the same week).